Copper Project Management, Collaboration
Collaboration, Project Management and CopperProject
If you are looking for a powerful hosted web based project management tool to help manage and track your projects, CopperProject could be just what you are looking for. CopperProject offers a range of functions including task & timeline management, reporting and budgetary support, which is a less than common feature in many competitor products.
The web based software is simple to set up, easy to use and is ideal for those small businesses that don’t have much in the way of disposable IT budgets to support expensive software implementations. CopperProject is a pay as you go service, with monthly premiums to suit most pockets and project requirements and boasts thousands of customers spread across the globe.
CopperProject Online Project Management
CopperProject offers four key pricing plans and each has up to three different price options. Payment can be made on a monthly basis with registration either upgraded or cancelled at any time. Payment of a single annual fee, offers a saving over the same 12 monthly payments. For the Studio plan, upwards, a licence to install CopperProject on your local IT infrastructure is available.
The plans are:
- Standard: 5 users, 10 Gb storage. Monthly $29 or annually $299. Local licence is not available for this plan.
- Studio: 25 users, 20 Gb storage. Monthly $49 or annually $499. Local licence $999.
- Corporate: 50 users, 50 Gb storage. Monthly $99 or annually $999. Local licence $1499.
- Enterprise: 200 users, unlimited storage. Monthly $199 or annually $1999. The price for a local licence is negotiated directly with CopperProject.
As with other similar products, like Basecamp and Intervals, CopperProject offers a free thirty day trial so you can try it out before you commit to making any sort of payment.
All packages come with the same functionality, but the support offered does differ, having said this, support is available also for the lower pricing plans. The more expensive the package, the more support is included. CopperProject, as all good project management applications should do, aims to help a project manager manage both activities and people.
Useful features include:
- Management of unlimited projects.
- Customisable: to include your own corporate identity
- Financial control: track your costs against what you are charging your clients. CopperProject allows you to record both work you are billing clients for and work you are not. Invoicing is also included and you can create your own custom invoice templates and layouts.
- Gantt charts showing project activities on a graphical timeline.
- Historical information: can be entered against items. Using this, you can hold a complete record of previous projects for audit purposes.
- Document upload: large amounts of storage is a feature not offered by many competitors except on their most expensive price plans.
- Useful tutorials and frequently asked questions.
Competitively priced, CopperProject has much to offer particularly the smaller businesses and is worth a try if you are looking for something with strong functionality that is quick and easy to become productive with.