Wrike Sees Impressive Growth into 2012
Wrike is known as the leader in the provision of social project management software and is seeing significant improvements on its annual growth, year on year – a trend that has continued into 2012, with a two-fold increase in numbers in 2011. The client base for Wrike spans a whole range of organization types including not for profit organizations, blue-chip companies and government organizations and these customers are spread internationally across no fewer than fifty different countries.
Wrike offers comprehensive functionality allowing teams to collaborate on project activities and manage their tasks, milestones and documents in real time and all this is done over the cloud, giving access twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
2011 saw a number of new releases from the Wrike development stable and these included:
- Mobile apps: with support for iPhone, other smartphones and tablet computers.
- Document collaboration: support for users to be able to edit their documents direct within desktop software without having to first download the document, then re-upload it on completion.
- Enhanced social features: for example, the new Activity Stream introduced project updates in real time and done within an interface that is simple and easy to use.
- Live email add-in: that transforms individual emails into interactive tasks within Wrike.
Another two key enhancements to Wrike’s offering in 2011 were:
- its integration with Jive, a company that is bringing social business software to the marketplace with the aim of removing barriers that can sit between employees, clients and other stakeholders. This integration now makes Wrike available to the 1000s of customers using Jive, on the Jive Apps Market.
- Its partnership with Google with Wrike being launched on Google Apps Marketplace
These partnership offerings saw more than a thousand downloads in the space of their first month live.
More on Wrike
Wrike, based in California, is an online, real time, collaborative project management application that has built an impressive base of clients taking advantage of its complete functionality, including eBay and Kraft Foods. In addition to its standard project management functionality, allowing task management, tracking, reporting and resource management, Wrike also offers a patented intelligent email engine.
With prices ranging from $49 to $199 per calendar month there’s an option to suit most organizations. For more information and to sign up for a free trial, please visit their main site at www.wrike.com.