Quickbooks is the mid-range accounting software product offered by California-based company Intuit.com and is aimed primarily at small business accounting. So, what does Quickbooks Online have to offer small business book keeping? Probably the key advantage of Quickbooks Online is its positioning as a cloud-based application – accessed over the internet, it needs no local technical knowledge for its customers to get up and running quickly. There is no need to install software on company servers or laptops. Customers simply register online for the account that suits their needs, login and away they go.
Quickbooks comes in different flavors, offering a range of functionality to suit a variety of needs:
- Online Simple Start: A quick and easy option for small business bookkeeping, including functionality for invoicing, bill payment and management of expenses. The new Collections center will show due invoices and help small businesses issue reminders.
- Online Essentials: Adds some extra functionality to the Simple Start option, including online banking and advanced reporting, along with some new features, like, industry business trends and the company snapshot view, that gives immediate information on how the business is performing
- Online Plus: Building on the Simple Start and the Essentials Quickbooks packages, Online Plus also offers management of inventory, the creation of purchase orders and employee time tracking.
The additional Payroll function is available for the Quickbooks Online Essentials and the Online Plus products and includes:
- Employee payments – done in easy steps
- An unlimited number of payroll runs each month
- Automatic calculation of taxes
All product options for Quickbooks Online are available, too, on iPhone, Blackberry and Android, so the small business owner can be in touch with their book keeping and accounting at any time, from any location.
In terms of pricing, Quickbooks.com is competitive and there is no contract commitment and customers can cancel their account at any time with no penalties. All prices offered by www.intuit.com include the first month free:
- Online Simple Start: $12.95 per month
- Online Essentials: $26.95 per month or $52.76 per month to include Payroll
- Online Plus: $39.95 per month or $63.16 per month to include Payroll
All accounts offer a 60 day money back guarantee, so you can try Quickbooks Online with the peace of mind that if it isn’t suitable for your small business accounting needs, you have nothing to lose. For more information and to register for a 30 day free trial, please visit: www.quickbooks.com.